Sr Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Company: Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants is a modern,
polished casual Napa-inspired full-service restaurant with a
scratch kitchen, full bar, winery-inspired private event space and
an artisan retail market. We currently have over 48 locations in 10
states throughout the U.S. with over 5,000 team members, and we
will continue to grow those numbers! Home to the largest wine club
in the world with over 540,000 members, Cooper's Hawk is a
lifestyle brand centered around wine and focused on creating
memorable moments that enrich lives.Due to our growth, we are
looking for a Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. In
this new role, this person will help lead and guide the Restaurant
Operations FP&A team. This position reports to our VP,
Financial Planning, Analysis & Strategy.Responsibilities:
- Working directly with and supporting the Restaurant Operations
Leadership Team to gather and articulate data by enhanced reporting
to provide business insights and potential efficiencies.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reporting materials for the
Restaurant Operations Leadership Team as well as Restaurant
Operations board materials, presentations, and quarterly
- Manages the monthly, quarterly, and annual restaurant
operations FP&A processes, including management reporting,
variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
- Ensures consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication
of results, forecasts and action plans to executive management,
department heads, and other business partners.
- Acts as an expert and resource for others on financial
modeling, processes, and systems.
- Drives improvements in reporting, analytics and dashboards to
support business leadership decision making and implement best
practices related to various ad hoc analyses. Continually optimize
financial tools with view to efficiency and faster insights.
- Advances the insight and understanding of business KPIs to
drive further alignment and accountability across the company and
provides data-driven analysis and recommendations for decision
- Develops financial business cases for proposed programs,
projects, and initiatives to help organization leaders make timely
and appropriate business decisions
- Identifies risks and opportunities and recommend strategies to
achieve company financial goals (monthly, quarterly, annual, and
- Work closely with CFO and VP of FPA & Strategy to build the
financial infrastructure to support the company's current and
future business requirements.
- Own and improve current systems and processes to increase
productivity and develop the existing Restaurant Operations
- Provide critical financial perspective and thought leadership
for business strategies/decisions and build deep and trusted
partnerships with senior leaders across the organization.
- Must represent Cooper's Hawk values
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, or another
related field. MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of applicable finance experience with majority of
time spent in FP&A.
- Strategic thinker who can translate financial data into
meaningful metrics / analysis that drive business value
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the
ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence and drive
alignment among stakeholders across all levels and functions.
- Ability to recommend and promote change to processes to be more
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork in a
- Strong analytical, project management and presentation
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Oracle ERP/EPM and Power BI a plusCooper's Hawk
is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant, Downers Grove , Sr Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!