Demand Planning Manager
Company: Elkay Manufacturing
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DEMAND PLANNING MANAGER - Hybrid/between home office and Downers
Grove, IL office
Elkay Interior Systems (EIS) is a global interior design and
manufacturing company, offering an array of design, build, and
installation services to the restaurant, retail, education, and
hospitality markets. EIS simplifies the complicated. By leveraging
insights gained from working with global brands, we cultivate
environments that are dynamic and profitable, designing experiences
customers will remember. We are thinkers, designers, and builders,
crafting extraordinary environments.
Join EIS, an Elkay Manufacturing company, and discover your next
The Demand Planning Manager for Elkay Interior Systems (EIS) is
responsible for leading the demand planning/forecasting team of our
robust Supply Chain group in building, deploying and supporting
predictive models using a wide variety of modeling techniques
deployed across multiple aspects of the business. Deliver insight
using your strong grounding in analytical research and drive
profitable growth by using both your strong strategic and tactical
Specific duties include:
- Create and maintain the global forecasting models and demand
plans. One of the key objectives is to get alignment and buy-in
from various stakeholders across the globe for the demand plan
created across all sectors across the globe.
- Identify how demand plans can be created using external factors
and data that may not be used or available today within Elkay
Interior Systems (EIS).
- Interact cross functionally with operations, regional teams,
sales, and finance to coordinate and oversee the collaborative
development of product forecasts and sales analysis for all
- Drive continuous improvement in sales analysis, forecast
accuracy and forecasting processes to positively impact inventory
positions, sales and margin.
- Lead and provide direction to the forecasting team and demand
planners by setting team goals, analytics agenda and organizing
tasks/projects based on the company and division priorities. Teach,
coach, mentor and grow the team and leverage 3rd party sourcing to
meet growing demand.
- Work cross functionally to generate forecasts through
predictive analytics and develop into a sustainable and scalable
- Create a strategic framework that supports the development of
algorithms that help develop, analyze, and validate predictive
models; define and build systems and evaluate the effectiveness of
- Evaluate forecast models and explore new methodologies using
state-of-the-art research in demand planning. Lead the analysis and
understanding of customers using advanced analytics.
- Effectively communicate and translate results to leadership
teams to enable management to make informed, data-based decisions
by providing business analyses and analytical support, particularly
in areas where data is difficult to access and where a high level
of analytical skill is required
Initially this is an individual contributor role. Will grow a team
over time as we build our function!
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics or Statistics (or
other quantitative field) required. Graduate degree preferred. With
either degree, specialized studies in forecasting, modeling, data
mining and/or statistics is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of demand planning experience required which includes
proven understanding of forecast methodologies including
traditional statistical and new machine learning algorithms.
- Previous management experience required.
- Must be very organized and have excellent time management
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
for data analysis and presentations.
- Expertise with analytic tools like Python and R preferred.
- Ability to listen well, seek input from others and lead in an
inclusive and collaborative fashion. Strong influence management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
Keywords: Elkay Manufacturing, Downers Grove , Demand Planning Manager, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!