Company: Sevan Multi-site Solutions
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Summary: The Proposal Manager will be capable of operating
independently in a matrixed organization and running the proposal
process from bid decision through submission and lessons learned.
They will provide strong leadership in managing and developing
compliant, responsive proposals primarily in the Federal
Government, State/Local Government and Department of Defense (DoD)
market by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited
to the following statements.
- Contribute to resource-informed Bid/No Bid decisions
- Apply Shipley-based proposal process for each proposal
- Lead proposal process and instill positive team culture on
multi-contractor proposal efforts.
- Manage, direct, and orchestrate the activities by numerous
section authors to produce high quality, winning proposals while
meeting stringent schedule requirements.
- Manage proposal content, including assessment of quality and
form, and provide feedback and direction to the proposal team.
- Oversee final proposal production including coordinating
desktop publishing, editing, proofreading, printing, and
- Research targeted opportunities, organize dissemination of
material, and use platforms to effectively support and track
clients and opportunities.
- Develop schedule, compliance matrix, and outline
- Develop a proposal strategy that aligns with the proposal
themes and proposal discriminators that the Bid/Capture Manager
articulates in the capture plan
- Ensure the Proposal Team adheres to the published schedule
- Schedule Kickoff and Color Review meetings
- Work closely with other functional departments (Contracts,
Pricing, HR, Operations) to assure an integrated proposal
- Facilitate lessons learned and implements continuous process
- Facilitate status calls, reviews, briefings, and related
- Excellent command of English grammar, spelling, and composition
as well as writing, editing, with superior oral communication, and
interpersonal skills, an accomplished developer and writer of
Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team,
subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support
company core values and meets or exceeds the customers
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community
relations to enhance company image.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related
processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make
improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Exemplifies and promotes our values of integrity, respect,
teamwork, excellence and charity.
- Embrace key Sevan-wide initiatives, like Safety and
- Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent,
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in personal career development through on-the-job
training, attends training programs and assists in the development
of interns / co-ops.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Dynamic personality with strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage multiple task orders simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing
priorities, conflicting deadlines, changing instructions, and
- Experience with federal, state government, DoD RFPs, RFIs,
RFQs, and related solicitation documents.
Education/Experience:Minimum 4-year degree in an accredited
Business, Marketing, or related program with construction
experience preferred. A minimum of 5 years of Federal Proposal
Management experience directly producing winning proposals, with
proven experience providing guidance, leadership, and support to
Business Area Managers in the preparation and production of
Language Ability:Read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries. Strong ability to
communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the
project team including management, project management, clients,
clients organization, contractors, and vendors.
Reasoning Ability:Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and
willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate
others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by
meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations. Ability
to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization may
exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to adapt and learn
new techniques and processes under constantly changing competitive
marketing demands. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, with all
levels of the organization.
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. General knowledge and
use of computer- based programs such as Procore, Microsoft CE,
Smartsheet, Egnyte, MS Publisher a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:APMP Foundation Level Certification
strongly preferred or equivalent proposal training. Formal proposal
training (Shipley / Lohfeld) preferred.
Leadership Responsibilities:Responsible to lead program and project
teams through the estimating and preconstruction process. Teams
will typically involve Project Managers, Project Executives, and
upper management more senior to this role as well as more junior
staff including interns and co-ops in support roles as required.
Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, Inc. is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work
environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
marital status, genetics, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or
any other basis protected by law.by Jobble
Keywords: Sevan Multi-site Solutions, Downers Grove , Proposal Manager, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!