Director/VP of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) Engineering
Company: Sevan Multi-Site Solutions
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 7, 2022
The Vice President, MEP/S Engineer will grow new and existing
client relationships and pursue new business opportunities while
building and leading the MEPS Engineering Team. You will be
responsible for the team's day-to-day operating and financial
activities while developing and monitoring quality and production
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited
to the following statements:
- Participate in strategy development with SVPs and other
- Identify and execute key department objectives in alignment
with strategic goals.
- Lead department operations including staffing, scheduling,
resource allocation, risk identification, risk mitigation and
- Develop and implements Standard Operational Procedures (SOP)
for clients and Sevan.
- Manage risk mitigation on behalf of clients and Sevan
- Direct and manage employees assigned to projects to ensure that
project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame,
budget parameters, defined scope and quality expectations.
- Monitor the activities of the project team to ensure project
success through reviewing the processes, progress, and results of
the following: client satisfaction, team effectiveness, employee
development, financial goals, quality, and schedule.
- Responsible for hiring the best diverse candidates, successful
onboarding of new team members, career development and on-going
- Represent the Sevan Team at leadership meetings.
- Identify and develop business opportunities by leveraging new
and existing client relationships.
- Create or approve project proposals including scope narratives,
cost estimates, schedule details, conditions, and
- Review proposals from consulting engineers for conformity to
project requirements and determine acceptable fees for work.
- Ensure all appropriate licensing and contracts are in place,
current, and in compliance for delivery of program
- Provide design, engineering, building code and zoning ordinance
- Provide EOR design and construction drawing capability.
- Provide expertise in executing PCA and other professional
service reports applicable to MEPS disciplines.
- P.E. License eligible for Engineer of Record signing and
sealing responsibilities in multiple states, based on business
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience:A Mechanical, Electrical or Structural
Engineer with a 4-year degree in Engineering, or equivalent; 20 or
more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Comprehensive knowledge of
engineering principles, practices, and advanced techniques.
Expertise in drawings, specifications, and building materials.
Ability to execute and coordinate multiple customer programs and
internal initiatives simultaneously. Capable to solve,
independently and through teams, complex engineering and business
assignments. Able to create and manage operational budgets and
manage the P/L activities at the department level. Experience in
Multi-Site projects preferred.
Language Ability:Effectively able to communicate, both verbally and
in writing, with all levels of organizational authority including
technicians, engineers, managers, directors, executives, and
C-Suite level leaders. Read, analyze, and interpret complex
documents. Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries. Make
persuasive presentations on complex topics and respond to questions
from management, public groups, clients and/or customers. Highly
organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Articulate complex ideas and positions in a clear and concise
manner. Gather, organize, track and report project data.
Reasoning Ability:Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and
willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate
others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by
meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations. Able to
solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram or schedule form. Able to successfully collaborate with
multiple people to achieve a common goal. Able to research, adapt
and learn new industry standards, technical advancements, and
software techniques under constantly changing competitive market
demands. Able to collaborate and work in a team environment.
Promote Customer Relations:
- Build effective relationships with customers, internal teams
and departments, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that
reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the
- Actively participate in industry, client, and community
relations to enhance company image.
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related
processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make
improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development:
- Exemplify and promote our values of integrity, respect,
teamwork, excellence, and charity.
- Embrace key Sevan-wide initiatives, like Safety and
- Communicate our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and
- Serve as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participate in personal career development through on-the-job
training, attend training programs and assist in the development of
interns / co-ops.
Certificates and Licenses:P.E. Licensure with the ability to
license in multiple states in accordance with business needs.
Work Conditions:A highly collaborative environment that flourishes
when individual and team contributions combine to achieve target
goals and objectives. Workplace is dynamic, fast-paced, and
flexible. Successful employees work on multiple projects of various
scope and duration, can quickly change direction to meet aggressive
deadlines, and work with limited supervision. Moderate travel
(25-50%) Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, Inc. is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work
environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
marital status, genetics, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or
any other basis protected by law.
Keywords: Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, Downers Grove , Director/VP of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) Engineering, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!