DIRECTOR, GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING - ELKAY INTERIOR SYSTEMS, NORTH AMERICA
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: April 3, 2021
DIRECTOR, GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING - ELKAY INTERIOR SYSTEMS,
NORTH AMERICA Downers Grove, IL DIRECTOR, GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING
- ELKAY INTERIOR SYSTEMS, NORTH AMERICAImagine working for a
company that inspired this kind of employee feedback.
- I'm proud to work for Elkay.
- The company invests in my success.
- I do work that makes a difference.
- I love my co-workers.
- I feel like part of a family.When you come to work for Elkay,
that is exactly what you will experience.Elkay is a thriving,
values-driven company focused on doing the right things so we can
be in business forever. We're financially-stable and family-owned,
with an enduring reputation for ethics, integrity, giving back, and
providing an engaging, inclusive environment where careers flourish
and grow.--At Elkay, we never forget that our strength lies in our
people. Our employees are the driving force behind Elkay's superior
quality, product ingenuity, and exceptional customer experience.
Our commitment to our people and their professional development is
a recipe for success that has fueled our growth from a three-person
shop in 1920 to one of today's leading international suppliers of
plumbing, water delivery, and branded commercial interiors.If
you're ready to join a company where everything you do makes a
difference and you go home proud at the end of each day, talk to us
about joining the Elkay family! Elkay Interior Systems (EIS) is a
global interior design and manufacturing company, offering an array
of design, build, and installation services to the restaurant,
retail, education, and hospitality markets. EIS simplifies the
complicated. By leveraging insights gained from working with global
brands, we cultivate environments that are dynamic and profitable,
designing experiences customers will remember. We are thinkers,
designers, and builders, crafting extraordinary environments. Due
to growth and expansion, we have an exciting NEW opportunity
available! The Director, Global Strategic Sourcing for Elkay
Interior Systems, North America is responsible for working across
and collaborating with the various Business Units, partnering with
business leaders to drive leverage and value that can be realized
through strategic supplier and sourcing relationships. The
Director, Global Strategic Sourcing will lead and facilitate
complex, enterprise-wide global strategic sourcing initiatives,
contract negotiations and overall build/make vs. buy decisions.
Manage a team of Sourcing Managers and Sourcing Analysts. Specific
- Establish and implement supply chain strategies for sourcing,
cost savings, and continuous improvement that deliver total cost
savings generating gross margin improvement.
- Develop, implement, and negotiate price and delivery terms with
critical materials to minimize cost, inventory levels and
- Support the development of new products and services by
defining sourcing options and capabilities.
- Manage staff selection, performance, development and training
processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to achieve
strategic business goals.
- Responsible for sourcing for all commodities, from shop
supplies to single/sole source materials. Serve as key decision
maker for all sourcing decisions both domestic and foreign.
- Define and manage the commodity strategies and sourcing
decisions, while ensuring the successful management and enhancement
of the entire supply chain.
- Identify potential cost savings and oversee budget, while
ensuring compliance with government laws and regulations
- Develop and implement visual controls and measures, driving
operational excellence from suppliers through the manufacturing
process, including supplier on-boarding and supplier audits.
- Reduce overall supply risk though contingency planning and
understanding of supplier capabilities, disaster preparedness and
- Develop and improve overall supplier and supply base
- Track, forecast and manage changing global market conditions
and geo-political environments.
- Identify needs and potential suppliers, solicit bids, review
bids and then select suppliers.
- Negotiate and award contracts, approve payments to suppliers
while maintaining strong vendor relationships.
- Support continuous improvement (CI) activities across the
entire supply chain including development and implementation of
appropriate CI initiatives and measures of performance.
- Direct and oversee work for team of employees as required by
- Travel to suppliers and internal /external customers regarding
supplier performance management, on-boarding, audits and
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or
related area of study is required. MBA is a plus.
- Industry recognized supply chain certifications (CPIM, Six
Sigma, etc.) preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Sourcing (Procurement, Sourcing, or
Demand/Supply Planning) required.
- 5+ years previous leadership and direct management experience
essential. Serve as supportive leader, demonstrating empathy, and
helping team to develop and grow their skills and
- Experience formulating commodity / materials sourcing strategy
- Experience with material and inventory management
- Experience in managing category spends in excess of 500 Million
USD per year required.
- Experience in developing and executing commodity risk
management solutions required.
- Experience in supplier development, and the key tools needed to
evaluate supplier performance essential.
- Extensive experience in "should cost", and "source and spend"
- Extensive experience in managing a global supply base
- Experience managing sovereign risk mitigation (different
- Proven ability to develop a diversity supply base
- Experience developing new product supply chains rapidly and
profitably a must.
- Specific experience in Quick Serve Restaurants (QSR),
Hospitality or Furniture sourcing preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation
skills a must. Exceptional collaboration skills imperative.
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time required, with extended
trips to Mexico, Vietnam, China, and South East Asia.
EOE/M/F/D/V/SO Posted 2 Days Ago Full time REQ-014758 About Us
Elkay Manufacturing Company turns 100! Founded on the north side of
Chicago in 1920, Elkay has been making innovative products and
delivering exceptional customer experiences for one hundred years.
As we head into our second century, we will be taking time
throughout the year to pause and reflect upon all that has changed,
all we have accomplished, and the many hundreds of people that have
made this company something to truly be proud of. For example,
while proud to be America's No. 1 selling kitchen sink company,
Elkay expanded its commercial offerings more than four decades ago,
and today delivers faucets, water coolers, drinking fountains,
Smartwell Water Delivery Systems, and the award-winning ezH2O
bottle filling stations, in addition to world-class stainless steel
and quartz sinks. Our Elkay Interior Systems business is a global
leader in the design and buildout of branded retail environments
for leading global brands. Elkay Commercial Systems provides
stainless steel products for commercial kitchens around the globe.
What makes Elkay special is our people and our culture. Many
companies have core values that are enshrined in their annual
reports, and posted in frames on their walls. But few companies
embrace and live their values quite as Elkay does. On any given
day, you'll hear employees quoting them in meetings, as the
rationale for why they make business decisions. One of Elkay's core
values is--"We are in Business Forever."--We are family-owned and
believe our people and business partners are an extension of our
family. Like your family, Elkay has values and traditions that
endure, and help us live up to this lofty goal. Examples include
our commitment to sustainability and giving back to our community.
Our water delivery products have helped keep over 20-billion
plastic bottles out of landfills. Over the past decade, Elkay and
our employees have donated over $3.8-million to worthy causes in
the communities where we work and live. Utilizing their paid
volunteer time off, Elkay employees have donated countless
thousands of hours serving those in need in their communities. Our
conservation and sustainability efforts reflect our concern for the
future and our commitment to building a better world. To learn more
about Elkay's corporate responsibility efforts, visit
https://bit.ly/36Z41Mp . When we say "Our Strength is in Our
People," we recognize that Elkay's employees are at the heart of
everything we have ever accomplished. Through their bright minds,
we've developed many breakthrough innovations that have shaped the
way we live in this country and around the world. Through their
clever hands, strong bodies and deep, unwavering commitment to
quality, we've risen to a place of recognition and respect in the
community and in the markets we serve. We would be remiss, as we
pause to consider the past 100 years of success, not to mention our
profound gratitude for each and every one of our people that have
been a part of Elkay through the years. We hope you'll consider
joining us and sharing 100 years of great adventures yet to come.
Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, today, Elkay employs over
2,500 employees worldwide, working from 21 locations across the
U.S., China, Mexico, Austria and Cyprus. We hope you'll visit our
website and learn more about Elkay at elkay.com . Suggested Jobs
DIRECTOR, GLOBAL PLANNING AND ANALYTICS - ELKAY INTERIOR SYSTEMS,
NORTH AMERICA Global Sourcing Specialist Global Procurement and
Sourcing Intern - Summer 2021 Sr. Manager Financial Planning and
Analysis for Elkay Interior Systems, North America
Keywords: Elkay, Downers Grove , DIRECTOR, GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING - ELKAY INTERIOR SYSTEMS, NORTH AMERICA, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!