Medical Records Manager - Downers Grove, IL
Company: ScanSTAT Technologies
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Position Title: Client Services Manager
Department: Release of Information (ROI)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Healthcare Facility in Downers Grove, IL
Overview Of Position
This position focuses on customer service, growing, strengthening
and retaining client relationships while providing guidance and
leadership for Release of Information Specialists. The Client
Services Manager is responsible for managing the daily scheduling
of the ROI Specialists to ensure that the facilities have
sufficient coverage. Also, the Client Services Manager will act as
the liaison between the ScanSTAT Regional Director of Client
Services and ScanSTAT clients to ensure that all ROI activities are
compliant with established client policies, federal and state
regulations and are completed in a timely manner. Also, this
position is responsible for planning, leading, organizing and
executing operations to maximize productivity while meeting the
ScanSTAT leadership principles.
In addition to demonstrating ScanSTAT Technologies values
applicable to all positions, the Client Services Manager is
responsible for the following:
Duties and Tasks:
- Escalates customer issues/concerns/problems in a pro-active and
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the meaningful
operational metrics and utilizes this information to manage his/her
book of business.
- Recruits and hires competent, qualified associates to
commensurate with defined job responsibilities.
- Ensures that staff is oriented, trained and the competence of
staff is assessed (including but not limited to ROI & HIPAA),
maintained, demonstrated and improved continually.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and work with Help Desk to
resolve all escalated matters.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with ScanSTAT
policies and procedures and applicable regulations, including
HIPAA, state/federal regulations related to operations, and labor
- Maintain professional behavior at all times
- Manage workflow among on-site employees to ensure maximum
productivity and quality standards are met. Prioritizes work to
ensure completion of ROI function.
- Adjusts work assignments as needed to cover peak periods, leave
- Provides coverage in event of backlogs, illness, vacation or
leave of absence of medical record staff.
- Performs Quality Assurance monitoring of work performance for
the ROI Specialists.
- Conducts productivity and work performance reviews for ROI
Specialists in accordance with ScanSTAT/customer policies and
procedures and Federal/State law.
- Monitors performance and provides performance feedback and
evaluations for ROI Specialists.
- Monitors schedules for all staff.
- Promotes a positive self-image of ScanSTAT with emphasis on
customer service by treating patients, co-workers, and medical
center personnel with courtesy and respect. Responds to customer
needs in a positive and efficient manner.
- Provides support to the Regional Director of Client Services as
- Responsible for upholding security and confidentiality
regulations, and facility policies and procedures for access and
review of all medical records.
- Customer Service Skills
- Reviews HIM Director's assessment of account performance and
- Responds to concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Responds to emails and phone messages within 24 hours
- Performs other duties as identified and/or assigned.
- Understands that this role requires specific responsibilities
for protecting sensitive data
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has supervisory
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in a healthcare
- Must have valid driver's license
- Driving record and Proof of Insurance that is acceptable per
company's driver policy
- Professional office/customer service experience
- Must be motivated self-starter, proactive, a leader, and have a
positive outlook/outgoing personality
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Typing wpm
- Must be able to use fax and copier
- Must be willing to learn new equipment and new processes
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have excellent leadership and good decision-making
- Ability to travel as needed - 10%-60% of the time
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Position is primarily sedentary requiring sitting and typing up
to 100% of the day.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, and walking are
- Talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are
- Keying data is repetitive motion and is frequently
- The position is not substantially exposed to adverse
- Driving and/or traveling to client locations is frequently
All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service
skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors,
co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal
communication skills should be concise and effective, they should
aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should
show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the
ScanSTAT Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: ScanSTAT Technologies, Downers Grove , Medical Records Manager - Downers Grove, IL, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!