Department Manager - Remediation
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 9, 2021
DescriptionThis position is responsible for the successful
strategies, business development, project execution and overall
leadership of the Remediation practice located in either the
Downers Grove, IL or downtown Chicago, IL Offices.This position
will lead one of our Remediation Departments within the
Environmental Services (ENS) Global Practice. The Environmental
practice serves both private and public market sectors. This
position will work closely with Burns & McDonnell leadership to
continue to build an outstanding environmental practice in Chicago
and across the Midwest. This position will build upon the existing
team within the Remediation Department to grow the practice in a
dynamic and profitable manner based upon Burns & McDonnell's core
values of client satisfaction, commitment, dedication, integrity,
safety and overall outstanding service. Specific areas of
responsibility include the following:
- Ensure quality and safety standards. Adhere to Burns &
McDonnell Quality Control program. Responsible for maintaining the
Burns & McDonnell Safety program.
- Assist in the development of a long-term strategic plan for
growing one of the existing Remediation Departments that is not
focused on the utility sector. Identify, develop and direct the
implementation of business strategy for the Department, including
operational strategies and procedures, marketing and pricing
strategy, sales and customer retention strategy.
- Serve as a Client Account Manager for target clients, providing
guidance to client coordinators who will take primary
responsibility for ultimate delivery of services and client
- Create and cultivate key relationships within target client
- Develop client service plans which include vertical
relationship plans for the target client organizations.
- Identify program and project opportunities early and facilitate
go/no-go decisions in cooperation with Chicago office leadership
and ENS practice leadership.
- Develop approaches to convert remedial investigation/design
projects into construction, preferably as design-build or
engineer-procure-construct (EPC) programs.
- Facilitate pursuit strategy and capture plan development to
pre-sell projects before RFP release.
- Lead or facilitate proposal development, based on client
feedback and key win themes for project pursuits.
- Lead risk assessment and mitigation strategies, and contract
and negotiation process for projects after selection.
- Other duties, as assignedLeadership
- Creates and invests in emerging leaders.
- Enables others to act, allocating appropriate decision-making
authority and responsibility to others to maximize professional
growth of others.
- Can diffuse conflict; Encourages negotiation and workplace
- Generates enthusiasm, motivates and encourages others. Able to
create a fun, challenging, and positive work environment with a
culture of excellence.
- Makes difficult decisions and builds consensus when
- Upholds and communicates employee-ownership culture, company
policies, procedures and values.Measures of Performance:These
performance measures will be quantified in cooperation with Chicago
and ENS leadership.
- Attainment of sales, revenue and income goals for the
- Attainment of billable time targets for Department staff.
- Ability to lead PMs and develop management skills to maximize
safety, client satisfaction and profitability on projects.
- Growth of the department based on sales, revenue, net income
(profitability) and staff size.
- Ability to maximize profitability on projects.
- Ability to attract, hire, develop, and retain the best people
into Burns & McDonnell.
- Ability to execute projects meeting or exceeding client
expectations for quality, schedule and budget.
- Ability to execute projects in a manner to meet and exceed
internal expectations for quality, schedule, labor/cost budgets,
project profitability, safety and client
satisfaction.QualificationsBachelor's degree in engineering,
environmental science, geology, or related field from an accredited
program. Minimum 9 years related professional experience, including
management or oversight of remedial construction. Excellent written
& verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and
problem-solving skills. This position requires an individual
capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of
principles and practices to broad areas of assignments. Must be
capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
Previous consulting experience
GeologyPrimary Location US-IL-Downers GroveOther Locations
US-IL-ChicagoTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeReq ID: 200963\#LI-JJ
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Downers Grove , Department Manager - Remediation, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!