Director Product Management - Connected Appliances
Company: Corelle Brands
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 9, 2021
The Director, Product Management - Connected Appliances is
responsible for setting direction of Instant Brands'
internet-connected product portfolio and services and defining the
business objectives of internet-connected products, which span
across multiple electric household appliance categories. The
successful candidate will own the market analysis, hardware and
software product definition, app and physical product release
schedule, and feature roadmap, as well as collaborate with business
partners and suppliers to manage all aspects of the product life
cycle. The Director, Product Management - Connected Appliances is
also expected to drive the UX of the mobile app, which includes
optimizing metrics around content engagement, usability,
stickiness, and user retention. As the product owner, the role is
expected to collaborate with all other stakeholders including
sales, design, marketing, development, suppliers, as well as
customers, to ensure the smooth execution from product and
accessories initiation, development, NPI to maintenance support
cycle.What will you do?
- Own the Instant Pot mobile app and internet-connected appliance
services, responsible for marketing and delivering the product
vision definition, driving the product feature roadmap, and leading
the content strategy within the mobile app.
- Collaborate with technical experts to own and manage the
IoT-stack strategy, which includes globally located vendors that
develop the mobile app, cloud platform, connectivity chipset, and
product hardware layers.
- Drive App UX requirements, analysis, and user studies in
coordination with product and experience design teams.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to create and test a
consumer-focused mobile app recipe content strategy that drives
user engagement and provides value to appliance owners.
- Manage the release cycle of mobile apps, including
requirements, operations and roll out
- Drive the product marketing plans for product launches and
ongoing support in coordination with marketing.
- Define, monitor and measure app and connected service usage
using cloud-based analytics tools. Regularly report actionable food
/ recipe usage trends, operational metrics, and KPIs to executive
management and cross-functional leadership in marketing, sales, and
- Collaborate with all internal/external stakeholders to meet
product management goals and product life cycle
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline
- Extensive experience in consumer mobile app design and
- Familiarity with store listing processes and release
requirements for Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Broad experience in consumer IoT or cloud-based application
- Experience in kitchen appliances or connected home products is
- Significant experience in driving business and commercial
discussions with technology suppliers and partners
- A top-notch business communicator and facilitator that can
easily translate technical risks and opportunities to non-technical
leadership and stakeholders.
- Experience in driving product go-to-market plans and bringing
new products to market.
- Demonstrated understanding of app analytics principles,
including defining and executing a mobile app analytics strategy to
improve hardware and software UX metrics. Usage of cloud-based
analytics tools such as Google Analytics, etc is a plus.
- Experience in documenting SoW with business partners, in
collaboration with the technical, legal and marketing teams
- Strong leadership to drive initiatives and results.
Program/Project management experience would be a plusCorelle Brands
Values : We drive results and create value together One Team - We
love our Consumers We "Wow" Them - We challenge each other, always
have an open mindset and welcome new ideas - We are a Global
Company and we think globally - We have integrity in all that we
doEEO Corelle Brands participates in E-Verify
Keywords: Corelle Brands, Downers Grove , Director Product Management - Connected Appliances, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!