Communications & Employee Engagement Manager
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Date: Jan 2, 2021Location: Downers Grove, IL, US, 60515Company:
GlanbiaReporting to the Director of Organizational Development, the
Communications and Employee Engagement Manager will play a key role
in supporting the internal communications and employee engagement
strategy across GPN. This individual will provide direction and
leadership in the design and delivery of the internal
communications plan to maximize the positive impact on GPN
employees in order to support the business growth agenda. The role
will also lead and support various initiatives to build and grow
corporate culture through improved employee engagement. In addition
to communications and employee engagement, this position will also
have responsibilities supporting the organizational development
agenda. A successful candidate will have a good cross mix of prior
experience in communications, employee engagement and
organizational effectiveness. This manager will be a change agent
that can collaborate and build relationships across an
international matrixed network to deliver positive results.Duties
- Support and execute the internal communications strategy across
the organization through the planning, development and execution of
compelling communication deliverables using a variety of mediums.
Develop KPI's related to internal communication and measure against
those to assess the success of the communication strategy.
- Provide best practices, guidance and tools to managers and
senior leaders in communicating with their teams to elevate
performance, inclusion, recognition and engagement. Partner with
talent acquisition and marketing to ensure the internal and
external organizational messaging is aligned.
- Lead the Values program across the organization and execute on
multiple values initiatives throughout the year to grow the company
culture. Coordinate and support our network of Values champions and
facilitate embedding our Values into our cultural norms to drive
employee connections and inclusion.
- Deliver the employee engagement survey across GPN. Responsible
for the data management and analytics needed to inform positive
change within the business functions and by partnering with the HR
Business Partners and various stakeholders to develop action
planning strategies. Create and deliver plan to pulse survey at
necessary cadence to maximize impact and measure the KPI's of the
action plans in order to drive increased employee engagement.
- Responsible for the delivery of internally developed and/or
externally sourced development programs for employees such as
leadership training, summer intern program, team building events
and educational programming.
- Support the Director and HR business partners with various
organizational development activities including people reviews and
succession planning, leadership capabilities and assessments,
strategic workforce planning and behavioral assessments such as
DiSC, MTBI, or others.
- In alignment with the global parent organization, help
facilitate the execution of the global diversity and inclusion
- Be a team player and partner across the HR community to build
effective networks to enable and grow the people platform. Build
relationships with leadership stakeholders to identify ways this
role and its outputs can support their strategic growth
agendas.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in a broad range of communications mediums and
ability to creatively transform information into meaningful
messaging across a wide spectrum of end users. Robust experience in
employee engagement survey best practices and techniques with
excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to positively influence at all levels within the
organization to drive change.
- In depth knowledge of organizational development activities
such as succession planning, high potential talent identification,
leadership and functional capabilities, and development
- Expertise in employee engagement techniques and
- Expert project management skills to manage a variety of
projects simultaneously across a wide spectrum of topics.
- Working knowledge of diversity and inclusion strategies and
- Strong personal communication skills at all organizational
levels, including high-level management.
- Ability to create strong, positive working relationships.
- High-level of flexibility in past-paced environments.
- Strong digital and creative skills to create professional and
polished end products and presentationsEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications or
other related field
- 5-7 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years working in
organizational development or an HRBP role
- 3-5 years of proven history of progressive experience working
in internal communications and employee engagement roles with
- Manufacturing or CPG international experience is a plus
- Experience in a variety of communication tools such as intranet
sites, Microsoft Outlook and Teams, and Poppulo is a plus. Strong
PowerPoint skills required.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Disability/Veteran. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer that does not discriminate and considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status.Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Glanbia, Downers Grove , Communications & Employee Engagement Manager, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!