Company: The Timken Company
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The purpose of this position is to lead the quality team at the
Lovejoy. This position is responsible for all of the quality
functions for the business. Quality functions include the quality
management system, overall product quality, compliance,
internal/external auditing, change management, inspections,
training certifications, document and record control,
non-conformance management, supplier quality, problem solving, and
quality cost reduction. This position plays a key role in
maintaining day-to-day performance as well as establishing the
long-term direction for quality.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing organization through the
selection, development, motivation and leadership of quality team
- Lead the development and refinement of the quality management
system to drive operational accuracy and efficiency and ensure that
all corporate, customer and regulatory requirements are
- Manage and direct all areas of inspection (incoming material
inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, etc.).
- Serve as lead representative for all quality issues and
maintain strong customer relations through timely and accurate
communication and problem resolution.
- Lead the business in the interpretation and application of
quality standards, customer requirements, packaging standards, and
product engineering specifications to ensure product
- Drive quality assurance and quality control activities to
ensure compliance and success on customer audits, corporate audits
and 3rd party certification audits (ISO9001, Timken Quality
Management System, etc.).
- Manage and refine system for gauge, machine and process
capability, including set-up, calibration and operating
- Manage the activities associated with supplier quality and
continuous improvement of supplier performance.
- Lead the overall change management process in coordination with
the engineering team and guide risk mitigation activities.
- Manage the document and record control processes to ensure the
proper transfer and retention of information.
- Guide training and certification activities in coordination
with Human Resources to make certain that associates are trained
and possess the knowledge and skill necessary to do their
- Champion the business problem solving process, guiding and
developing associates to solve problems at the root.
- Lead cost reduction efforts to prevent defects and drive down
overall quality costs. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering,
Applied Sciences, Math/Statistics required. Master's degree
- 8 years experience in Quality Supervision/Management required,
12 years preferred.
- ASQ Certification preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Must have quality management experience with competence in
quality system management and auditing.
- Must demonstrate a bias for action with a results orientation
and positive communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Must have the ability to work in Microsoft office programs and
use corporate systems such as SAP.
- Ability to use statistical and analytical tools is
- Lean background is preferred.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Downers Grove , Quality Manager, Executive , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!