Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert: Lovejoy, a
business in the Timken family of brands, is looking to hire a
Supplier Quality Engineer.The Supplier Quality Engineer is
responsible for managing the quality aspects of the supply chain,
ensuring that suppliers meet the required standards, and driving
continuous improvement to enhance the overall quality and
reliability of the provide products and services.ESSENTIAL
- Create and implement Supplier Development Initiatives, focusing
on Supplier Audits, metrics, continuous improvement, and addressing
supplier non-conformances to prevent reoccurrence.
- Act as the primary contact for supplier assessment and
development, particularly regarding their quality system.
- Conduct regular Quality Audits at supplier facilities.
- Monitor the performance of current suppliers using established
- Support supplier development and training. Assist in
determining required component/purchased product inspection and
- Facilitate supplier corrective action efforts based on
non-conformance reports (NCRs) and participate in Customer Concern
and Corrective Action teams when necessary.
- Support process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
efforts and supplier Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, with a primary focus
on supplier-related activities.
- Coordinate with suppliers and internal technical experts to
develop robust quality plans, minimizing costs and ensuring process
capability while preventing problems. Monitor supplier quality
performance and contribute to the development of performance
- Analyze data from external and internal sources to identify and
implement opportunities for improving quality, cost, and
- Perform pre-defined systems and process audits according to
recognized standards, modify/create audit questions to enhance
supplier quality systems and processes.
- Participate in or lead activities to onboard new suppliers that
meet internal quality, delivery, and performance expectations for
purchased products, services, and components.
- Other related duties as assigned.TECHNICAL/FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
- Understanding of tolerances, measurements, stress levels, and
- Proficiency in creating scorecards, work instructions,
manipulating data, and business processes.
- Self-starter with strong collaboration skills to work with
Engineers, Technicians, and Operators.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication with
peers, management, and external customers.
- Independent and collaborative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong planning, organizational, and project management
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering quality
- Contribute to the internal audit team as required.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications,
database information sources, and web applications.
- Ability to interpret CAD drawings.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering related field is
- Must be a U.S. person due to ITAR requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment; 5
years experience is preferred.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is preferred.All qualified
applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.The Timken Company designs
a growing portfolio of engineered bearings and industrial motion
products that improve the reliability and efficiency of global
machinery and equipment to move the world forward. Timken posted
$4.5 billion in sales in 2022 and employs more than 20,000 people
globally, operating from 46 countries.Why Choose Timken?
- Over a century of knowledge and innovation
- A culture of top performance
- Products that contribute to a sustainable world
- A conviction to improve communities around us
- Competitive salary and benefits
Not Ready To Apply?Stay connected by joining our network -and we'll
keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that
match your interests.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Engineer, Internal
Audit, Supply Chain, CAD, Engineering, Finance, Operations
Keywords: Timken, Downers Grove , Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!