Lean-Continuous Improvement Engineer
Company: Ims Global Gear & Machining
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 18, 2023
***Position Overview:NBSP;*The Lean-Continuous Improvement
Engineer is responsible for the continuous improvement, lean value
stream process support, and development of manufacturing processes
to maximize productivity while minimizing costs by performing the
following duties.Essential Job Functions
- Develops advanced manufacturing processes. Assigned strategic
investigations to support long range manufacturing
- Responsible to lead lean manufacturing efforts and can manage
productivity improvement projects to support rapid
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of process
capability through the use of lean tools.
- Provides innovative cost effective solutions to manufacturing
process problems utilizing lean principles. Modify cell layouts
utilizing lean value stream principles. Determines and recommends
improvements of accurate cell capacity and production rates.
- Serves as an internal manufacturing process consultant for
product groups, management, new product development engineering,
and sales. Work with other departments within the corporation to
ensure cost reduction efforts are being addressed, implemented and
- Provide engineering support to all departments. This may
include design, quoting, procurement, and installation of new
equipment which includes modifying existing equipment.
- Evaluate machines and materials for processing characteristics
in regard to efficiency, safety, quality, and productivity.
- Responsible for conformity to product and shall stop production
to correct quality problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.CompetenciesRequirements:
- IATF 16949-10.3.1; 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 and 5.3
- ISO 9001/2015: 4-4.4.2; 5.1.1-5.3
- Quality Policy and Objectives
- Problem SolvingEducation Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S) from
four-year College or university preferred in a technical area or
equivalent experience;Experience/Training 4 year related experience
or trainingComputer Skills Design Software and Microsoft Office
SuiteYou should be proficient in:
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Six Sigma Experience
- ISO 9001 Certification Experience
- High-level Operations Analysis
- Quality Control Data Analysis
- Budgeting / Forecasting Experience
- Engineering Degreeby Jobble
Keywords: Ims Global Gear & Machining, Downers Grove , Lean-Continuous Improvement Engineer, Engineering , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!