Director, Machine Learning Engineering (Remote-Eligible)
Company: Capital One
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean,
VirginiaDirector, Machine Learning Engineering (Remote-Eligible) As
a Capital One Machine Learning Engineer, you'll be providing
technical leadership to Agile teams dedicated to productionizing
machine learning applications and systems at scale. You'll
participate in the detailed technical design, development, and
implementation of machine learning applications using existing and
emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment,
you'll serve as a technical domain expert in machine learning,
guiding machine learning architectural design decisions, developing
and reviewing model and application code, and ensuring high
availability and performance of our machine learning applications.
You'll have the opportunity to continuously learn and apply the
latest innovations and best practices in machine learning
engineering. You'll also mentor other engineers and further develop
your technical knowledge and skills to keep Capital One at the
cutting edge of technology. What you'll do in the role:
- Deliver ML models and software components that solve
challenging business problems in the financial services industry,
working in collaboration with the Product, Architecture,
Engineering, and Data Science teams.
- Build enterprise grade software that makes it easy for teams to
utilize the latest ML technologies
- Drive the creation and evolution of ML models and software that
enable state-of-the-art intelligent systems.
- Work with Data Scientists to test ideas and capabilities on
- Work closely with faculty members at several leading
universities to conduct foundational ML research
- Lead large-scale ML initiatives with the customer in mind.
- Leverage cloud-based architectures and technologies to deliver
optimized ML models at scale.
- Optimize data pipelines to feed ML models.
- Use programming languages like Python, Scala, or Java.
- Evangelize best practices in all aspects of the engineering and
- Recruit, nurture, and retain top engineering talent. Capital
One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity Basic
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 10 years of experience designing and building
data-intensive solutions using distributed computing.
- At least 6 years of experience programming with Python, Scala,
- At least 5 years of people management experience.
- At least 5 years of experience leading software engineering
- At least 3 years of experience with the full ML development
lifecycle. Preferred Qualifications
- Master's or doctoral degree in computer science, electrical
engineering, physics or mathematics.
- 3+ years experience in an R&D setting with a focus on
building novel ML capabilities
- 8+ years of experience within a data-intensive multi-line
- Expertise designing, implementing, and scaling complex
production-ready data pipelines for ML models.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communications
- ML industry impact through conference presentations, papers,
blog posts, open source contributions, or patents.
- Ability to attract and develop high-performing software
engineers with an inspiring leadership style. At this time, Capital
One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization
for this position. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national
origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic
information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected
veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable
national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a
drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment
qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal
background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article
23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California
Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act;
Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other
applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding
criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our website in
search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a
position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital
One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical
support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please
send an email to Capital One does not provide, endorse nor
guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services,
educational tools or other information available through this
site.Capital One Financial is made up of several different
entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for
Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is
for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines
is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Keywords: Capital One, Downers Grove , Director, Machine Learning Engineering (Remote-Eligible), Engineering , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!