Company: The Timken Company
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Lovejoy, a company in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a
Manufacturing Engineer. The purpose of the manufacturing engineer
is to develop and continually improve the manufacturing processes
within the Lovejoy Downers Grove plant. This role is responsible
for researching and developing production processes, tools, and
equipment for the manufacture of industrial couplings and U-joints.
This role provides technical leadership and support for production
activities and is an influential member of the site leadership
team. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and support for production
processes (milling, turning, broaching, welding, induction
hardening, powder coating, assembly, etc.)
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning
processes, workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Lead tool and equipment selection, design, and development
- Lead capital management activities and provide investment
analysis/justification for the acquisition new machinery, tools,
- Conduct feasibility studies for the manufacture of new products
and provide guidance on integration requirements and costs.
- Create and maintain standards, process control documents and
- Partner with Maintenance team to keep equipment operational by
coordinating maintenance and repair services, and by assisting in
establishing preventive/predictive maintenance programs
- Represent the company in technical presentations and other
customer relations activities
- Support company relationships and pursue company objectives
with external customers/vendors Qualifications:
- Strong technical knowledge of machining methods including CNC
milling and turning.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge and theories to plant
level manufacturing problems, conferring with equipment vendors,
and soliciting observations from operators
- Experience conducting time studies, performing data analysis,
and recommending improvements
- Capable introducing technology and improved methods to solve
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience PLC programming preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience, is
required. BSME or BS in in Engineering/Industrial Engineering is
- Minimum of 4 years experience in engineering/manufacturing, 5
years experience preferred.
- Six Sigma Certification Preferred All qualified applicants
shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Downers Grove , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!