Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 5, 2022
*Must be Authorized to work in the U.S.*
*No Relocation Assistance Offered*
Office: 80%Remote: 20%
Summary and Description:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing analytics
team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our
data and data pipeline architecture and helping to build
data-driven decision-making organization.
The ideal candidate is an expert data pipeline builder and data
wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from
the ground up. The Data Engineer will have an opportunity to be
involved in software development, database architecture, and data
analysis working on key business strategic initiatives.
You must be passionate about data, thrive in team environment but
can also work independently, self-motivated, curious and interested
in understanding the business. The right candidate will be excited
by the work with data optimizing or even re-designing our company's
data architecture to support our next generation of products and
data initiatives as well as support the operational aspects of
existing infrastructure. The role will be spilt 50% of time of
support and 50% of working and designing to be state.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer:
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional /
non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing
infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction,
transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data
sources using SQL and Azure 'big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide
actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational
efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data
and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and
support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members
that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an
innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater
functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications for Data Engineer:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with
relational databases, SSIS, SSRS, query authoring (SQL) as well as
working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines,
architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and
external data and processes to answer specific business questions
and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data
structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting
value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and
highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting
languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including
Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with Azure cloud services
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm,
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics,
Information Systems or another quantitative field will be
considered as an asset. -
Keywords: Roadrunner, Downers Grove , Data Engineer, Engineering , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!