Company: Machine Solution Providers, LLC
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Join a Collaborative and Motivated Team as a Controls
Engineer!Enjoy a culture that includes a casual dress code,
flexible working hours, and a friendly environment that encourages
sharing of knowledge and experience. Take advantage of
opportunities to be involved in new processes and innovations at a
company where management values your knowledge, experience and
ideas.Varied project exposure from retro-fits/upgrades to
Green-field manufacturing facilities. If you think you would enjoy
big company resources with a small company atmosphere then this
could be the right opportunity for you! As a Controls Engineer you
would work in our Downers Grove, Illinois office.
- Follow your assigned projects from Kick-Off to Start-Up
- Specify Components and Design Architecture of Electrical
Control Systems per industry standard practices.
- Supervise the Drafting and Design Group with development of
Schematics and Layouts.
- Supervise the Panel Fabrication Technicians with assembly of
- Development of PLC and HMI programming.
- VFD and Servo Motion programming.
- Testing and Simulation of Systems.
- Commissioning and Start-Up of Industrial Equipment in the
- Electrical Controls Field troubleshooting and problem
- Occasional Service Support to Customers
- Overnight travel is required. (25-30%)
Requirements to Qualify:
- BSEE, BSME, or equivalent degree
- Industrial Controls: 3 Years
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 3 Years [Rockwell, Siemens,
- HMI Programming: 3 years [Wonderware, Factory Talk,
- AutoCAD or equivalent: 3 years
- Basic VFD Control: 3 Years
- Basic PID Control Tuning Understanding and Experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Comfortable with hands-on work.
- A commitment to doing it right the first time.----Nice to Have
(Sweeten the Deal):
- Servo Motion Control: 2 Years (Kinetix or similar
- Safety PLC Programming: 2 Years
- Advanced VFD Control (Coordination/Registration)
- Cascading/Nested PID Control
- Process & Instrumentation Diagram Understanding
- UL 508A and SCCR Training
- Desire to mentor or supervise Junior Engineers
- Willingness and/or Desire to Travel Internationally--Company
ProfileMachine Solution Providers has quickly grown to become a
leading provider of equipment and services for industrial
automation. Our expertise in engineering, programming, fabrication,
and system commissioning enables us to provide high quality
solutions for a wide variety of industries. As we continue to grow
we continue to create opportunities for others to share in our
success. If you would like to become a key contributor to a dynamic
and growing company right here in Chicago's western suburbs, MSP
could be the right opportunity for you!Job Type: Full-time
---Salary and Benefits
- Generous compensation package
- Benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- 401k with Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Opportunities to learn from a strong and cohesive engineering
Keywords: Machine Solution Providers, LLC, Downers Grove , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!