Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Rexnord-- is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a
diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is
headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs
approximately 7,000 associates worldwide. For more information
about the company visit .
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord
Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class
operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables
speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer
satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS
methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing,
globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating
acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more
than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our
Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years
ago. We make our communities better with individual and
organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships
and corporate donations.
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and
cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical
components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are
engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in
engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and
airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine
and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for helping to drive cost
reduction activities through process improvements to directly
impact the overall performance objectives for the company and
compliance to AS9100 and NADCAP requirements and/or division. This
position significantly impacts Rexnord's ability in the areas of
Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. This position reports to the
Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
This position is Located in Downers Grove, IL
- Expert in utilizing key mechanical design and manufacturing
principles, such as Statics, Dynamics, Mechanical Design,
Thermodynamics, Materials and Heat Transfer to effectively make
decisions impacting product quality, delivery and cost
- Reduce scrap and non-conformances by eliminating waste and
variation in all forms.
- Optimize productivity through efficient, ergonomic and safe
work station and tooling designs.
- Remain current in new Manufacturing Engineering technology, new
manufacturing techniques and new equipment. Recommend new
approaches where feasible
- Lead and participate in Kaizen events based on VSM
- Promote and facilitate the use/establishment of continuous
- Assist in developing and implementing the lean manufacturing
action plans to support achievement of strategy deployment and
strategic business growth.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist others in solving
problems using problem solving tools such as DMAIC.
- Assist in driving inventory position improvements through
manufacturing velocity improvements and planning strategies.
- Develop and implement manufacturing cost out projects.
- Assist manufacturing and assembly associates to resolve set-up,
tooling and fixture problems, special process (heat treatment,
plating and welding) and selection of proper tooling and grinding
- Develop, maintain and implement process routings and set-up
instructions using Engineering best practices for the production of
parts and assemblies.
- Assist in the development of fellow Engineers through training
Capabilities and Success Factors
- This position requires the application to be a US Person with
an US permanent residence. A US Person a US Citizen or Green Card
- BS in Engineering, related technical field or 15+ years of
manufacturing or industrial engineering required; advanced degree
is a plus.
- Ability to extract critical data and analyze data to make
informed business decisions.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (word processing, graphics,
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management.
- Team orientated with the ability to influence others without
- Successfully communicate across different value streams with
clarity and persuasion
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: Rexnord, Downers Grove , Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!