Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: February 19, 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly team working
on some of the hottest AWS technologies. This team is primarily
focused on the deployment, automation and support of
mission-critical client solutions in AWS.
You will be working on a variety of projects and environments for
household names using the latest technology including AWS,
Terraform, Ansible, Powershell, Datadog, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira,
Containers etc. Learning, collaborating, training and certification
are strongly encouraged, and opportunities to do so will be
The successful candidate will be someone who can demonstrate a
genuine desire and passion for AWS, client service and
- Act as the lead engineer on large or complex client deploy
- Act as the lead engineer on product engineering projects to
further develop our service
- Provide AWS subject matter expertise advice and assistance to
- Installation, configuration, and ongoing management of O/S and
- Implementing and maintaining custom client machine images and
centralised configuration management to enable quick repeatable
builds and auto-scaling.
- Maintaining high availability through proactive measures.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues.
- Ensuring clients & partners are updated on current status of
work and issues.
- Raise, investigate and resolve problems and known errors in
line with the problem management process.
- Ability and willingness to proactively improve ways of working,
automation and processes via our continual improvement Kanban
- Partake in an oncall rota to provide 24x7 4th line support for
Ensono's AWS clients.
- Proactively keep up to date on AWS services and
- Buddy new members of the team and train other teams
- Act as team leader and technical escalation point in Manager's
absenceSkills and Experience
- 8+ years' experience in supporting highly customer-focused
mission critical environments (e.g. high profile websites or
enterprise infrastructure) essential.
- 3+ years' experience of engineering, architecting, or
supporting AWS solutions.
- Excellent O/S knowledge and experience in Linux or Windows with
basic knowledge of the other. MCSE/RHCE or equivalent level of
- Experience of implementing and supporting AWS based instances
and services (e.g. EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, IAM, Route53,
Cloudfront, Elasticache, WAF etc.).
- Hold a number of current AWS Associate and Professional level
- Hold at least one AWS Certified Speciality certification (e.g.
Security or Networking )
- Experience of building and maintaining scalable and auto-scaled
environments using automation and configuration management tools
(e.g. Cloudformation/Terraform and Ansible) beneficial or can be
- Scripting ability in one or more of Python, Powershell, Bash,
- Experience of using Git for version control useful
- Experience of working with or supporting containerized
- Experience of Jenkins or other CI/CD pipeline technology useful
or can be gained.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP.
- A degree in a computing-related discipline preferred or
equivalent ability and knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment beneficial.
- Desire to continually grow, develop and improve.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter and possess a good
- Client focused and results driven
- Able to implement supportable solutions and make the complex
- Able to perform as a role model within the team.
Keywords: Ensono, Downers Grove , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!