Assistant Professor, Pre-Clinical- IL- College of Dental Medicine
Company: Midwestern University US
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Assistant Professor, Pre-Clinical- IL- College of Dental
Assistant Professor Pre-Clinical Faculty should have earned a
DDS/DMD degree, and show evidence of scholarly activity in the
field of dentistry. This individual should have a minimum of five
(5) years in a general dentistry clinical environment, with a
strong clinical experience in the use of CAD/CAM. This individual
should be a person committed to educating and empowering students
with a wide range of clinical and academic abilities. -Reporting to
the Assistant/Associate Dean for Pre-Clinical Education, the
Assistant Professor Pre-Clinical Faculty will:
- Work directly with students in the simulation clinic,
supervising the development of hand skills in all areas of general
- Interact positively with students, treating all students as
- Be competent in teaching and demonstrating all areas of general
- Be a positive role model for students in professionalism.
- Be an example of an active life-long learner in dentistry,
through learning new techniques, materials and treatment protocols
as needed by the college.
- Being open to technology and learning new delivery systems to
- Adopt different teaching techniques and styles to meet the
needs of individual students.
- Be willing to serve on committees within the college and/or
- Interact professionally with all faculty and staff, treating
all faculty and staff with respect and collegiality.
- Be expected to take courses in education as needed, which
should include skills of delivering lectures, as well as skills in
- Be willing to develop and deliver lectures on topics or
disciplines as requested by the Assistant/Associate Dean for
- Be a course director as requested by the Assistant/Associate
Dean for Pre-Clinical Education.
- Evaluate students in a timely manner (daily, quarterly or
weekly) as required by the college.
- Meet with the Assistant/Associate Dean for Pre- Clinical
Education for performance reviews.
- Be competent in the use of the college's patient digital record
keeping system, being able to demonstrate in the simulation clinic
use of the Electronic Health Record.
- Work professionally with specialists as needed, role modeling
to students the ideal of a positive working relationship of a
general dentist with dental specialists.
- Be a positive influence on the MWU CDMI program.
- Be willing to mentor students in small groups on projects or
special needs, as requested by the college.
- Be willing to work as a member of a team of faculty, accepting
calibration of college protocols as necessary in the college
- Assume other responsibilities as needed, at the request of the
Assistant/Associate Dean for Pre-Clinical Education. Qualified and
interested applicants should apply online at -www.midwestern.edu .
Please submit a curriculum vita and the names of three professional
references. Additional inquiries may be directed to:Kaveh Adel,
Associate Dean of Pre- Clinical Education -
Midwestern University Illinois
email@example.comMidwestern University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate
against an employee or applicant based upon race; color; religion;
creed; national origin or ancestry; ethnicity; sex (including
pregnancy); gender (including gender expressions, gender identity;
and sexual orientation); marital status; age; disability;
citizenship; past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed
services; genetic information; or any other protected class, in
accord with all federal, state and local laws, including 41 C.F.R.
60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a). Midwestern University
complies with the Smoke-Free Arizona Act (A.R.S. 36-601.01) and the
Smoke Free Illinois Act (410 ILCS 82/). Midwestern University
complies with the Illinois Equal Pay Act of 2003 and Arizona Equal
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Midwestern University US, Downers Grove , Assistant Professor, Pre-Clinical- IL- College of Dental Medicine, Education / Teaching , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!