Clinical Assistant Professor- IL- College of Dental Medicine
Company: Midwestern University US
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: February 25, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Clinical Assistant
Professor- IL- College of Dental Medicine Illinois Dental
Downers Grove, IL, USA
Description The Clinical Assistant Professor Faculty should have
earned a DDS/DMD degree, having a minimum of five (5) years'
experience in general dentistry. S/he should be a person committed
to educating and empowering students with a wide range of clinical
and academic abilities. The Clinical Assistant Professor Faculty
must be eligible for and obtain licensure in the state of Illinois.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Clinical Sciences, the Clinical
- Work directly with students in the patient clinic, supervising
all areas of general dentistry.
- Interact positively with students, treating all students as
- Demonstrate dental procedures on patients to students as
- Be competent treating patient in all areas of general
- Be a positive role model for students in professionalism.
- Have strong clinical experience in the use of CAD/CAM dentistry
and lasers, being competent in training pre-doctoral students in
- Be an example of an active life-long learner in dentistry,
through learning and mentoring new techniques, emerging
technologies, new materials and treatment protocols as needed by
- Adopt different teaching techniques and styles to meet the
needs of individual students.
- Be willing to serve on committees within the college or
- Interact professionally with all faculty and staff, treating
all faculty and staff with respect and collegiality.
- Be timely in completing all notes and codes in patient
- Evaluate students in a timely manner (daily, quarterly or
weekly) as required by the college.
- Meet with the Associate Dean for Clinical Sciences, the
Clinical Faculty for reviews.
- Be competent in the use of the college's patient digital record
- Work professionally with specialists, mentoring to students the
ideal of a positive working relationship of a general dentist with
- Be a positive influence on the MWU CDMI program.
- Be willing to mentor students in small groups on projects or
special needs, as requested by the college.
- Be willing to work as a member of a team of faculty, accepting
calibration of college protocols as necessary in the college
- Assume other responsibilities as needed, at the request of the
clinical dean. Applicants may send inquiries to Rebecca Siscel,
DDS:--Associate Dean of Clinical Education of the Dental Institute
Midwestern University Illinois at firstname.lastname@example.org. Midwestern
University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that
does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon
race; color; religion; creed; national origin or ancestry;
ethnicity; sex (including pregnancy); gender (including gender
expressions, gender identity; and sexual orientation); marital
status; age; disability; citizenship; past, current, or prospective
service in the uniformed services; genetic information; or any
other protected class, in accord with all federal, state and local
laws, including 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and
741.5(a). Midwestern University complies with the Smoke-Free
Arizona Act (A.R.S. 36-601.01) and the Smoke Free Illinois Act (410
ILCS 82/). Midwestern University complies with the Illinois Equal
Pay Act of 2003 and Arizona Equal Pay Acts. Qualifications
Education Required Doctorate or better. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Midwestern University US, Downers Grove , Clinical Assistant Professor- IL- College of Dental Medicine, Education / Teaching , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!