Product Owner, Marketing Automation
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Title: Product Owner, Marketing Automation Location: Downers
Grove, IL, US, 60515 Company: Univar Solutions Inc Requisition ID:
19375 Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution?
Join Univar Solutions , the premier global distributor of chemicals
and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of
our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of
-- At Univar Solutions , we're building on our more than 90 years
of experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and
logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service,
sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an
unmatched portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational
challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions , you'll play an
important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
ingredients.-- About the Role:
At Univar Solutions , our vision is to redefine distribution and be
the world's most valued chemical and ingredient distributor. We are
hiring a Digital Product Owner to help us build the vision,
strategy, and roadmap to enable best-in-class, marketing automation
capabilities. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for
leveraging automation systems to build and scale trigger emails
that deliver relevant content and messages, based on customer
interactions with our various touchpoints. This role will drive the
roadmap and strategy to create global capabilities that will be
customized and deployed, as necessary, in our operating regions.
This role will bring operational and analytic rigor to the team,
along with marketing automation systems expertise in Salesforce,
Marketing Cloud (or Pardot), to ensure that these systems are
efficiently linked, campaigns are maximized, and leads are
tracked/delivered.-- What You Will Be Doing:
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Demand Capture, this role will work
directly with Digital Solutions, Marketing, Product Management,
Sales, Sales Operations, and IT teams to identify, prioritize, and
enhance campaigns that extend Univar Solution's reach in the
market. The incumbent will:
- Build the roadmap and drive sprint team activity
- Identify opportunities to deliver relevant customer messages
based in triggers / interactions across traditional and digital
- Automate customer targeting based on the customers' purchasing
behaviors and digital interactions, to reactivate lapsed customers
and engage existing customers.
- Determine, develop and deliver product roadmap based on
insights, key stakeholder insights/recommendations and emerging
- Act as subject matter expert on marketing automation.
- Manage the day-to-day operation and reporting
- Implement email templates, landing pages, campaign flows, and
- Partner with Sales Operations, Digital IT and Advanced
Analytics to optimize and maintain Marketing Cloud & Salesforce
integration, lead management, & task generation.
- Measure and report results, maintain quality of customer lists
& suppression, develop and execute testing programs for continued
email performance optimization.
- Take initiative to drive innovation
- Proactively propose new, innovative ways of reaching/engaging
with target audiences.
- Continuously learn about new technologies and techniques,
proactively advise how the company can make the most of its
marketing automation platform.
- Drive improvements and innovation in relation to lead
generation, pipeline management and metrics with demand generation
team. Desired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or
similar fields; MBA a plus
- 5 years' experience with analytics in a marketing
- 5 years' experience in email marketing and marketing
automation, especially Salesforce & Marketing Automation (e.g.
Pardot, Marketing Cloud); B2B experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of delivering Demand Capture / Generation
campaigns with strong results
- Analytically minded, results driven, strong attention to
detail, organized, capable of managing multiple projects
- Effective relationship building and influencing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced
environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player and strong collaboration skills. Desired
Knowledge and Skills:
- Quantitative thinker, who measures in numbers and not
- Strong attention to detail, organized and capable of managing
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced
environment with minimal supervision; strive for 100%
responsibility and accountability.
- Effective relationship building, communication and influencing
- Effective team player, proactive collaborator and positive
- Experience creating SFDC campaigns, reports, dashboards and
custom lead views.
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word and
- Programming skills (i.e. Python, SQL) for customer analysis and
tracking results are a plus.
- Proficiency in social media, paid search and organic search are
- Building Customer Loyalty: Meeting and exceeding (internal or
external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships
that secure commitment and trust.
- Execution and Driving for Results: Setting high goals for
personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to
monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or
exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and
- Continuous Improvement: Originating action to improve existing
conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities,
generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Driving Innovation: Initiating and maintaining strategic
relationships with stakeholders and potential partners inside and
outside the organization (e.g., customers, peers, cross-functional
partners, external vendors, and alliance partners) who are willing
and able to provide the information, ideas, expertise, and/or
influence needed to advance understanding of business issues and
achieve business goals.
- Collaborating: Working cooperatively with others to help a team
or work group achieve its goals.
- Mix of office and virtual environment.
- Energy for fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter and highly motivated.
- Regularly communicate with internal business partners and
- Regularly operate with strong sense of purpose and urgency.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or other protected classification. We
offer comprehensive benefits to--employees including medical,
dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much
Keywords: Univar, Downers Grove , Product Owner, Marketing Automation, Advertising , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!