Manager of Internal Audit
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Hybrid/Remote role Ability to work from homeMonthly onsite to
Downers Grove or other AAH locations as needed, on occasion, is
Join Advocate Aurora Health as the place to grow and broaden your
- We care about you as a leader
- We invest in your professional development
- Work life balance is important to your success
- We are a large hospital system with over 75K employees
- Competitive compensation and benefits
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide oversight and monitors the timely performance of
independent financial, operational and information technology
audits and special projects.
- Perform quality reviews of audit testing for accuracy,
completeness, and alignment with Internal Audit policies.
- Assist with the implementation and completion of the Audit Plan
be delegating scheduled audits to Financial, Operations and IT
auditors; providing knowledge of subject matter and associated
risks; overseeing the performance and timeliness of test work and
communications, and reviewing work papers for validity and support
of audit results.
- Plan and lead complex internal audits related to financial,
operational or information technology activities, including the
performance of testing and reporting of results in written audit
- Perform external audit assistance for high risk areas and
- Research and recommend best practices to strengthen the
internal audit activities.
- Assist with standardizing templates and documentation, and
adhering to Internal Audit Standards.
- Assist in the development of audit objectives and testing
procedures of scheduled audits, and performance of risk analysis
for each financial, operational and information technology audit
- Assist with data trending and analysis to identify
- Assess risks and effectively communicates them to leadership;
provides recommendations to mitigate the risks; and, incorporates
risks into the Internal Audit risk assessment.
- Assist in the oversight of the coordination of the external
WHAT WILL LEAD TO YOUR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- 5 years of experience in Public accounting and/or Internal
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) issued by a State Board of
- Internal Auditor (CIA) certification issued by The Institute of
Internal Auditors (IIA).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors
Standards, the COSO framework and internal controls over financial
reporting as well information systems.
- Strong organizational skills to multi-task through planning,
coordinating, monitoring and performing audit related projects
assigned to self and the team.
- Ability to identify and provide recommendations to mitigate
risks and address internal control deficiencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present to
all levels within the System, as well as strong interpersonal
skills to address disagreements and misalignments of behavior.
- Ability to create audit objectives and procedures that address
risks and matters of concern.
- Ability to influence, drive change and effectively deliver
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well
as lead and direct team members.
- Experience in performing or providing external audit assistance
to an external auditing firm.
- Experience in utilizing an automated work paper system.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Downers Grove , Manager of Internal Audit, Accounting, Auditing , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!