Manager of Financial Reporting
Company: Creative Financial Staffing LLC
Location: Downers Grove
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Job Description Our client, a growing publicly traded company is
looking to hire a Manager of External Reporting. This role will
oversee preparation and filing of all financial-related SEC
filings, and for researching and drafting up position papers on
technical accounting issues. Great opportunity to make an impact
with a growing company. This opportunity offers career advancement,
development, and the ability to progress into other roles.Why Work
for the Company:
- Stable and growing company- constantly acquiring new companies
which creates additional opportunity.
- Smart and talented team
- Opportunity to make an impact and add value
- High visibility
- Several examples of internal promotion- opportunity to build
your career, lots of upward mobility.
- Flexibility to work from home post Covid
- Top notch benefits Primary Responsibilities of the Manager of
- Interprets complex problems and solves them through established
procedures (i.e., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP))
relating to revenue recognition and internally developed software
and leases. Makes recommendations to executive management for
action or changes to established methods. Adapts known methods to
new situations as business needs change. Conducts technical
research and analysis of accounting treatment.
- Ensure compliance with SEC reporting rules through the accurate
and timely filing of required documents.
- Prepare/Review Form 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings including
financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, statement
of shareholders' equity, and statement of cash flows), footnote
disclosures, and MD&A.
- Assist to develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with
internal controls related to global accounting policies and new
accounting and reporting guidance issued by the FASB and the
- Prepare Press Release financials, including GAAP to Non-GAAP
- Research and draft position papers on technical accounting
issues. Remain current on pending accounting guidance, evaluating
the financial implications of proposed/new accounting
- Prepare equity-related calculations and disclosures, including
share-based compensation expense, earnings per share and
equity-related disclosures for inclusion in Form 10-Q and 10-K
- Ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
(SOX 404) by maintaining effective internal controls over our
financial reporting process.
- Continuously strive to enhance and streamline reporting
processes and controls.
- Provide support for ad-hoc projects, primarily related to
M&A, systems implementations and revenue. Specific requirements
for the Manager of Financial Reporting:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting
- 6+ years relevant experience, experience at a Big 4 or Mid-tier
public accounting firm or at a publicly traded company
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including
proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) rules and
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills #CFS2021
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing LLC, Downers Grove , Manager of Financial Reporting, Accounting, Auditing , Downers Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!